
Here we go...Final installment of Thrift store finds for now =)
Here is a gorgeous old wood frame that I got at the Habitat for Humanity. For the womens tea I used old frames and put chicken wire on the backs and painted them all ivory. I wish I had found this frame earlier cause the filagree is exactly what I wanted! So here is the process of turning into a jewelry/picture holder frame for your bathroom or wherever!


You can choose to not paint the entire filagree area and rub off, but I feel that it hides a lot more of the ugly if you paint then rub....does that make sense? Here are the 3 different looks you can get with filagree... 1st: paint then rub off 2nd: all painted 3rd: quickly and lightly brushed over(the transverse of the first)

Here we go! This is one that I made for the tea. It was a buss up old oak frame that I staple gunned Chicken wire onto the back of. Here it is hanging in my frenny Kim's house! LOVE it Kimmy!

Here we are at the lamp I found at the Animal Shelter thrift store. Isn't it gorg? I Love the cream and rustic aqua! I have yet to find the perfect shade for it. You guys have also seen on my Facebook the huge mustard yellow one. Got that for $5 and am going to either keep the mustard color acrylic under the mustard color paint or paint it a fun shade of blue, green or grey and cut the shade down to be more low profile.


Here we are at the awesome craft supplies I found at Salvation army! These are what I make my yarn wreathes out of! I never buy the wreathes here though because they are entirely marked up and expensive. I walked into S.A and saw these for $2! Cant wait to transform them into fun fashionable wreathes!


Finally, here are two 2'x2' square frames with matting! An artist's dream! They currently show off two prints of hawaiian fish and were from the lihue marriott before the remodel. Really great quality perfect for displaying some artwork of our choosing. I do like the fish but 1. two of the same print is not ideal and 2. they need to be freshened up!

So there you have it... Some of my most recent home finds. Remember people, be OPEN MINDED when searching for things to redo and use in your home. That is the only way you will truly save a bundle and have fun doing it!
Until next find.... Heidi <3



You are truly an amazingly creative woman! I love all of your ideas...wanna come to my house and give me some inspiration?? I loved seeing my wreath I bought:) It's one of my favorite things in/on my house!
ReplyDelete