Friday, March 4, 2011

Installment 2: Hand Bags




So Here we go...to the land of Bags! I will admit, I lost my head a little on these. Went crazy! In my defense, I don't think I have bought a new purse of significance in about 3 years and considering all of these and more(not pictured) were too much of a deal to pass up, I think im ok. I do have plans for all of them though!

{Animal Shelter Thrift store. $2} First up is this little diamond leathered purse. While it does kind of look like clown pants, I couldn't resist all of the yummy colors of leather on ONE purse. Even though I might only use it once, that was good enough for me! I thought it might look awesome with some dark jeans/black top and some sweet cowhide leather boots.


{Animal shelter thrift Store. $2} This is just a simple but awesome quality little purse. Ok so heres my idea which the next purse inspired. I am going to be experimenting with painting/staining these purses! Kinda with a bohemian lotus flower/tattoo art kind of look. I cant wait to see how they turn out!



{ Animal Shelter Thrift Store} This is my FAV! Isn't this amazing! For a whopping $2! I love how authentic it is. If I ever got a tattoo it would look something like this. This is the bag that inspired me to do the leather art. I got a bunch of just plain leather bags that i am going to be working on. I thought they might be great "see ya later" gifts for my girls when we move! What do you think?


{ Salvation Army $.50} Ok so everyone here on Kauai is having to deal with this Plastic shopping bag ban. Its pretty annoying but its also a great opportunity to find some cute cloth bags! I couldn't resist these. The neon green with the pink ewe is an awesome burlap bag that will be perfect for grabbing a few things here and there. I thought the orange one would work well as a gift bag for a good bottle of wine...OR even better, to hold my current crochet order wherever I go. Either way, these are fun. BTW...the EWE matches my new hot pink Tamba Trucker hat (that I abstained from taking a picture of)... hahahahaha


{Salvation Army. $2} Here is my most practical find! A gorgeous huge leather traveling bag. It will be PERFECT for the airport or the day to the North shore. Its a gorgeous cream leather and has ample space to be anything I need it to be. The best part is, I will not be worried if it gets messed up by anything.



So there you have it (most of it) Ill have to post some of the plain ones after I paint them! What was the grand total for all of these finds? About $10..including the ones I have not posted. Totally sounding like a hoarder, but... Great deal!

Stay tuned for tomorrows Final Installment of "Im not a Hoarder I SWEAR!" for a look at some of the home goods I have found!

5 comments:

  1. omg i'm LOVING these blogs...i looove all those bags too, and such CHEAP DEALS!!! amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha....YAY Kili! Im so glad you enjoy this! Its twice as fun when people leave me their feedback so THANK YOU! See you Sunday! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to Kauai this summer and may have to hit up some of these thrift stores!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YES Krissy! I swear, every mainland girl would drool over some of the "junk" here! haha....Remember....you can always buy a moving box from home depot to bring home full of goodies on the plane! =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that you are shopping for treasures!!!! love the new bags especially the white travel one :)

    ReplyDelete