Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Some people are nurses & some people are nurse haters...

.....and I am not the nurse. There have been 4 nurses so far. The first one, named Orn, barely spoke english. She was sweet enough but made a confusing mess of my admittance. The night nurse was kellie and she did use more than half of her brain which was nice. She fixed the mess of medication lists that Orn did before and was easy to talk to. The third nurse, Angela, who was sweet was having a hard time being smart. I had to tell her half of what to do. Anyways, the last nurse is really why I am writing. Kim oh Kim. No bedside manner and sent me for an ultrasound at 11 pm after I was sooo tired and needed to sleep. The baby was sleeping too so his heart beat wasnt all over the place. She came in and was like, Im gonna send you down to ultra sound which takes like an hour from beginning to end. I was like, "Are you freaking kidding me. This kid has been tested more times in the past 48 hours than that old guy who looked like death in the elevator. " This nurse just was like well, you can refuse it and take a chance. I was like, "ok so now your going to make me look like a bad mom if I dont go." Ehhhh....so i went and the baby scored 8 out of 8 on his test for all of his reactions. i finally got back to bed at midnight...soo tired and trying to keep from being too nasty to this no it all nurse. I woke up this morning and had to get my blood drawn, again! This "blood" nurse is horrible. She sticks the needle in and then starts searching for the vain. I thought that you were supposed to try and get it on the first try. Oh well. I had two shots yesterday. One of them nearly made me pass out. I was having a horrible migraine from taking the ambien so they gave me a shot of demerol. It was horrible for about 20 seconds then it hit me and became marvelously loopy and slept the rest of he day away. i love da good drugs!

Anyways, the baby is looking great! We should find out today about the ultra sound results, how big he is, lung development etc...He is almost a full 34 weeks! That is huge. Well every week and day for that matter is huge. He is 4.4 lbs as of Tuesday. Woo Hoo! That is excellent for a 33+ weeker. Praise God! All of his prenatal vitals have come back outstanding as well so the neonatologist is very optimistic about Jackson being ok.

1 comment:

  1. I hear ya Heidi. It's amazing how many horrible nurses there are out there. You'd think they would find another occupation if they didn't love what they were doing. I'll be praying that the rest of the staff you deal with is heaven sent.

    ReplyDelete