So I am sitting here in my hospital bed watching those stupid nutri-system commercials with the moo moo to mom/jock Jillian while waiting to watch Home and Garden's best ideas of how to use silver wear as decor a million different ways (annoying)... Just got shot in the booty with anti nausea medicine which hurt like a jerk to stop me from throwing up... Im waiting for my Heart Healthy breakfast...Oatmeal,fruit and non-fat milk...mmm... hey it had that little heart next to the menu choice. Props to me!
Last night they gave me some Ambien to sleep better. i have never been so dizzy in my life. Im still dizzy actually. My blood pressure has held its own this morning, which was good after throwing up all morning. They did however up my dosage of medication to 200mg. of the Bp drug. On top of the dizziness i woke up with my eyes like completely swollen shut! AHHH! I guess i drank too much water yesterday and my body couldnt eliminate enough of it. Oh what an after picture I will have after all this mess! I guess someone would have to catch a before picture first haha.
As you can tell, I am being a little more candid than usual. I just think that going through all this makes for a good more dramatic read, so im going with it. haha. The updates will be many. The drama will be high I am sure. Anything could happen.
Today I am going in for a complete ultrasound which will be interesting. We are going to find out the weight of the baby which is vital! I have a feeling he is on the small side. An average weight for a 33+ week baby is 3.75-4 lb.s. That is so tiny! I got another shot last night to help the growth of his lungs. Ill get another one today to finish the treatment. We are really hoping to get him to 5 lbs. He will be fine if he is born anytime, but the increase in weight and development is vital to keeping him out of the NICU for weeks on end! My sweet little baby boy. It just breaks my heart. If he has to have any tubes I am going to be a MESS!
Hopefully I will get some fun pictures of this little slugger today. That would be fun. Ill definitely try and put them up!
Anyhow, This seems like its going to be quite the adventure. One way or another we are going to be a mommy and a daddy very soon and that is overwhelming but so exciting for us. All we want is for our son to be ok.
Ok I have to stop because Im getting all emotional...and i didn't put on the right mascara for crying this morning...bahh
Tuesday, June 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Oh my gosh Heidi...I knew you were having BP issues but i didn't realize that you were in the hospital now. I hope that everything is okay. I will say lots of prayers for your family and hope that things start to stabilize very soon.
ReplyDeleteGood Luck...Hang in there!
Praying for you Heidi. Which hospital are you at? Let me know if you need anything at all.
ReplyDeletegeeze, you poor thing! that stinks! Hopefully it gets better soon! just think, lucky you if your little guy came early and you didn't have to wait forever! maybe when all is said and done you will look like I did, a hippo because of all the water that was put into me and I couldn't flush it out! those pics from the hospital are the death of me! You are doing great, and way to stay positive...just rest, read and try to enjoy the quiet (in between nurses!). We are praying for you!
ReplyDeleteThanks for your prayers you guys. Im at St.Joes and have the best doctor in So Cal attending to me like crazy! Erin...pretty sure Im at the hippo stage! I hate this! I kept from gaining hardly any weight and then all this water crap comes on....oh well...He will be worth it all.
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for the encouragement guys! It means a lot right now! You all are in my thoughts too!
Im hoping that the only thing that comes of this is that he will be able to fit in his cute newborn clothes a bit longer!
XOXO ....and I will keep you all up to date as much as the free time allows!