Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Random Events of a week in our lives!

So, Yay! We got our amazing baby furniture this last week. It was such an amazing blessing as we literally got $1000 worth of furniture for $300. Jackson is going to be sleepin and getting his diaper changed in style! It was so fun taking out all of his newborn-6 month clothes and packing them all away in the dresser drawers. The custom crib sheet is done so far. It is going to look so great! I thought id take a few pics of the outfits I am so excited to see him wear. Thanks for indulging me!












We saw "Up" the other day. It was a very refreshing movie! I loved how it showed that love can last forever! What an inspiration to young people around the world. It also showed the heartbreak of divorce and it effects on a child's happiness. I couldn't help but think of my grandparents who were an item since elementary school. They are so cute. I loved that it showed that kids are growing up in a concrete world and their idea of roughing it is going to a hotel that is more than an hour from home. Go camping people!!!! Enjoy the real entertainment of the world. Im soooo sick of video games becoming such a huge part of life for these young people. If you have not seen it, you should definitely go and make it a family affair! Well Done Pixar!




Yesterday we took Teddy the doggy to get his summer shave. This is the first summer shave that we have gotten him since his adoption from the pound. He is normally this really pretty Red head, tri color blondie dog.




When he came back, he turned into a Weimer Reiner with an Australian Shepherd head! I cant believe how much his body looks like that of a weimer. Weird huh? It makes sense. He has a lot of little quirky behaviors like a weimer.



We had our 30 week appointment today. It didn't go that great. My blood pressure was a little elevated. I have been having some swelling in my feet and face =(!!!!! All the things that I am craving I cant eat anymore, but thats ok because they are all not that great for me! Basically I have a really hard time listening to my body! I feel like a lazy bum if I lay down when I am tired. I have to go out and do something all the time so I feel productive!!! However, I do wake up and my eyes are swollen and it feels like I have taken 8 sleeping pills!! Lesson: Listen to my body and rest! That is what the doc says. I have to monitor my BP every day and put my feet up 2 hours in the morning and 2 hours at night. Bottom Line...De-Stress myself!!!




Jackson is getting huge, as expected! He is about 16 inches from head to toe and weighs about 3 pounds, gaining a 1/2 lb every week from here on out. He is still head up. The Dr. showed me how to feel where is head is. That was weird!!! At least now I know that his head is what i feel in my ribs and his feet are what are making my belly dance! It is so weird to feel him roll rather than just kick around. He is definitely running out of room in there! I cant to see this little love out and bouncing about. His daddy is beaming and cant wait to hold his little boy. Evan has been an amazing husband/daddy already. His latest daddy daydream is taking over when the babe gets up during the night ...and Im really tired... and just rocking his little boy to sleep on his chest. I am so grateful for a husband who loves me even with my swollen feet and face.


We have been having little coffee dates ( dont worry Im not drinking too much caffeine). It is such a special time to just sit together and talk like best friends do. It is so great to feel such a common bond and excitement as we prepare to create a strong foundation for our child and children.



Any-who, thats all for now! Quite a conglomeration of things I know =).



Things that are coming up for us are:

1. Baby Shower (june 14th)
2. Job Announcement! (hopefully soon)
3. UpDate on Pregnancy/ Baby JC


Stay tuned =)

2 comments:

  1. i love the baby furniture, how did you get sooo lucky in it being cheap! Everything looks soooo cute! Ugh, the high blood pressure sucks, I didn't sleep or lay down when my body told me to either...I ended up on bed rest 2x and that SUCKED, so make sure you take lots of time to relax because this is the last few weeks you will ever get that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heidi, your baby furniture is beautiful! I absolutely love it! The lady at our classes told us that it wasn't important to get the room all ready before the baby comes because the baby isn't going to know the difference. I totally disagree... the moment I was ready for our baby to come was when our room was perfect. I am so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete