Thursday, May 21, 2009

Things of Late



Well I am not gonna lie. I haven't had the blog bug lately! I've been getting used to the third trimester which has brought on a lot more uncomfy preggo moments. Still throwing up breakfast everyday. My hands have started to get numb at night because this little guy is lying right on my nerve that leads to my hand. Finally, my feet and hands have started to swell a little bit. My feet only when I've been sitting on a bench for a while. I cannot believe how fast this pregnancy is going by. Jackson will soon be in our arms. I am praying he will come early so he can play with us a bit earlier! On the Navy front, we are still waiting on paperwork to arrive from Iowa to complete Evan's paperwork packet that they are requiring. It is starting to look like Evan will at least be home for the majority of the pregnancy if not for the birth! It is so precious to see him glow when he talks about his little boy.
We are really praying about the direction our lives will take in the near future. We truly believe that the Lord has our lives mapped out for us and will make our decision making easier when the time comes. It is so frustrating when we try and grasp opportunities the more they seem to slip through our fingers. It baffles me to think about how many other young couples are in the same predicament as we are. Completely educated, full of Ivy League knowledge at an Ivy league price, yet cant find a job to save their life. Even more disheartening is the lack of Integrity we have encountered within seemingly reliable institutions such as the military. Its really sad when Evan, an Ivy league educated, decorated war hero is discriminated against for being white. Luckily we dodged that bullet with ancestry records, but still...a low blow. I guess there are too many white officers. The things that we were willing to sacrifice for this flight job are not being respected at all, which is making our patience wear thin. I guess its just really hard because we try and find that bright hope in these opportunities. You know that feeling where you just are giddy and bouncing around everywhere because you are so happy that maybe allll the work you have put in will finally have paid off? We have had that feeling more than once. We were talking about it this morning and found it kinda sad that the feeling is just kinda wearing out for us. We are tired of feeling that joy and having it diminish because people are not doing what they said they would do. Just tell us it wont happen, STOP LEADING US ON ONLY TO STOP COMMUNICATING!! These are supposed to be people who dont do this kind of thing!!! Where has Integrity gone in our country? We LOVE feeling that kind of joy though. Its really hard to be discouraged time after time when we cant get enough of the happy bug!

Anyways, I dont mean to sound whiny, but these are the struggles we are dealing with right now. We find ourselves continuously re-centering our focus on God for a renewed sense of security and joy. It works pretty well =). We are convinced that the right doors will open and the wrong doors will be closed. Sometime soon would be nice though!

2 comments:

  1. the whole job market right now makes me sooo mad! what the heck was all that time spent in college paying tons of money and lots of hours studying all for?!
    it will all work out, that is what i keep saying over and over and over!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Toothpaste for Dinner?! Really?! I like you that much more now!!!

    ReplyDelete