Wednesday, June 10, 2009

The Low Down on the High BP...

Phew...this week has been quite the week! Starting last friday I have become a human pin cushion. Monday we had a follow up appointment to some high blood pressure from the week before. Evan and I were not really prepared for the news we got on that visit! The nurse practitioner informed us that my liver and kidneys were not functioning quite that well and that with my 150/100 bp that they would start to think about delivering me if it did not go down. So, our hour long appointment turned into a marathon day of fetal/maternal monitoring and blood-work. Needless to say, we were shell-shocked but didnt panic. The following morning I started having some bad back pain and saw stars, so I went in to get checked. They checked me out and decided I didnt have to go to the hospital, just that i had to rest and start a blood pressure med that is safe for the baby. My blood-work from Monday came back completely normal! This means that my pressure is not high allll the time. So meanwhile, I am going in as an outpatient for monitoring twice a week. This will just keep an eye on my Pregnancy Induced Hypertension and make sure it is maintained. This condition does not go away until the baby is born. It either is maintained or gets worse very quickly. The baby is doing just fine. He is happy as a clam in there and is not being affected by this whole thing. He is still breech (head-up position). He has a lot of time to turn head down though. Regardless, it looks like we will have a July baby and probably by C Section. Mothers instinct says mid-third week of July.
So, I am working hard to relax. It is very hard! Today for some reason I got a huge burst of energy! I felt like doing everything that needed to be done!! In all honesty, I think i did too much today! I have to go in for monitoring tomorrow and more blood-work. I have to get my hypertension checked weekly with the blood-work. Woo Hoo! Anyways, thats about it for now. We are all working together to help keep my stress levels down. Evan has been an angel of a husband, bringing me ice-chips and relaxing hawaiian music. I love him soo so much and he is going to be the best daddy ever!
I will make sure and keep everyone up to date with all of this baby news. It was definitely an eye opener on how soon Jackson will be here! We cant wait but want him to be as big and as healthy as he can be!

Till next time =)

2 comments:

  1. Praying for you all Heidi. You're doing great. It's almost over. Soon Jackson will be here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ugh. that happened to me the last month and a half. I did bed rest a few times and had to sit in the dr. office and hospital many separate times while they sat and watched my bp. it's such a pain! but just remember, take it easy while you can, cause it will be your last month ever!

    ReplyDelete