Wednesday, March 11, 2009

We are Moving to Pensacola, Florida in 3 Months!



 Whew...as if life could not twist and turn any more, after careful planning and consideration of options, we have decided to make the move to Florida BEFORE the baby is born. As tough as it is to be away from family, the decision came when the realization that Evan most likely would not have been able to make it to California for the birth became clear. He will have to report to Pensacola right after he is done with OCS. He would only have a couple days to gather his things and move. That does not leave much time for labor and delivery haha. The move would come later, however, my physician (who is great and i am sad he won't be delivering me) suggested that I not travel beyond 30-34 weeks. This means I have to travel to Florida no later than mid June. My mom and dad are going to drive my car and I will fly out. On the up side, I can set up homemaking and have everything ready before the baby comes. We can come right home from the hospital and not have to move two weeks later with a newborn. The grandparents will come out and be with us after he is born to help out as well =). Evan is coming home on Friday and will be called by the Navy to go to Rhode island in about a month we think. Until he leaves and has his contract all signed and squared away we are going to enjoy every second together. Three months of only being able to talk on Sundays is next up on the prayer list! 

    On a fun note, I went to the dr. yesterday. He said Jackson was an extremely active baby. He had to chase him around to find his heart beat. He said that its no wonder that I have felt him earlier than most women. It was so fun to hear his little sweet heart beat. He is now about 8.5 ounces and 6 inches long from head to bottom. I cant wait to meet this little one! I just know Im going to have a kid that has Evan's inability to stay still and my inability to be quiet haha...Although, I would love a little Evan clone. I have a feeling he is going to be exactly like his daddy.  

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, it is so beautiful there! How fun! The baby will be a little beach boy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun adventures await you! I bet your parents are sad to see you go.

    ReplyDelete