Saturday, April 2, 2011

Tired of Fisher Price Pianos...



Ok so I just know that parents out there want their kids to gain accurate knowledge about the important things in life. To me music is one of those things. The problem is that realistic instruments are not very baby friendly or cheap! I have been wanting Jackson to have a realistic mini piano for a long time! When I saw the price tag and shipping I had to forget about that dream...until....

I walked in to the where else...Salvation army! There stood a little piano for $5!


of course it needed a lot of work but for $5! Ill take that project! And who cares if I mess up!

This is the brand of piano. I couldn't find a year on it but its obi antique. There was a stamp on the bottom of the key pad that said Brooklyn N.Y. Kinda cool to know it was there at one point!





ONe of the feet had been totally eaten through by termites....which were actually still living in there . Grosse. We replaced the foot with some new wood and added bracing along the bottom of the piano.






All the keys had to come out in order to fix the thing. Isn't it cool how this little thing works? I loved figuring it out!









Time for paint!



And here ya go! Our sweet little piano for Jackson to tinker around on! I LOVE it! It is a total keep sake and Jackson gets to see what a real piano kinda looks like!

















Thanks to my daddy who helped figure this thing out! So neat that Jackson has such a neat instrument that his Popi helped restore! So Sentimental now!

Love you dad!

3 comments:

  1. Can you get any more creative?!?! Love this! Makes me think I should start checking out thrift stores for fun baby things :)

    ReplyDelete