
This month of April has been exhausting but so rewarding and its not even over yet!
Due 4/11 April started off with an onslaught of orders since everyone got their tax returns. Its great for me but keeps my fingers busy! The favorite this month so far is the Viking Beanie. =)
4/18 I also made some church commitments in the form of decor for Easter time. With the help of some great women I got the Sanctuary done with some simple design changes to the stage. Cleaned up the clutter and changed the color scheme making it look more like an art gallery. Painted some accent art inspired by the Easter Flyer on Huge pieces of Cardboard and hung them. Looks awesome. Totally amazed at how that came together. I don't usually do such simple designs but turns out that simple was better in this case. Love how it turned out.

4/20 It was time to send out my merchandise for the oh so cute boutique coming up Hosted by my good friends Susan Parker and Nikki Andrews. Im so sad I cannot be there but am blessed that my sweet mommy is going to represent my store. It is coming up this Saturday!! Don't miss out. There will be amazing and unique high quality products!

4/22 Another bunch of orders and confirmation of another boutique on May 9th. However, I spent the day in Hanalei with good friends and great weather.
4/23 12:00 pm...Deadline 4/24, 6am Went to work painting huge signs that were to direct kids and parents to their spots during the Easter Carnival. Took WAY longer than I thought because the drop cloths that we used to paint on absorbed all the paint. I had to paint over the letters about 6 times to get them to be the way I wanted them to be. In the end, there were three 4.5'x10' signs and one 5'x3.5' sign.
That brings us to Yesterday... EASTER!
Oh wait... I had to be at church at 6am to help set up...so we celebrated our Easter on Saturday morning. Jackson got new thomas the tank gear and some match box cars. He is so obsessed with trains and cars. everything is beep beep or choo choo. He even makes the little noise that the train wheels make after the choo choo sounds.... " CHOO CHOO, dubba dubba dubba dubba...." SO cute.
So after that recap....that really brings us to Yesterday. Got up nice and early. Saw the sunrise n the way to church and started setting up the field for the awesome time ahead of us. I was a face painter for the day. OH BOY that was awesome. I think I LITERALLY painted 75 faces. Once we started it was non stop. Ive never painted faces before. It was fun but exhausting. Afterwards we had planned to go to the beach with our sweet friends. I came home and passed out till 430. We had a mellow evening recovering from the busy weekend. Evan was an amazing help with Jackson. I never could have done anything without my darling hubby's help. We enjoyed our home made hummus and pita chips for dinner and I hit the hay at about 845. TIRED!
So today is MONDAY! Time to work! Ive got a huge day of orders ahead of me. Time for new designs as well!
I hope all of your Easters were blessed and filled with love. Its interesting to think where we might be next year at this time. Change is in the air.
God Bless!



No comments:
Post a Comment