Sunday, February 14, 2010

Surgery..

Well, this has been a challenging week. A week ago I was under the knife and scared witless. Didnt know what to expect. It was a week of pain, frustration exhaustion and praying to God for relief.  The first night was agonizing as they were not giving me the right kind of pain meds. I had a pain pump but as soon as I would drift to sleep, I could not push the button, so i would wake up crying. That cycle kept going and going. They finally switched me to oxycotin and perkiset. That was much better. The day after surgery this Physical therapist comes in with the worst attitude. she walks right in, grabs my leg by the ankle & yanks it right out of my CPM (continual passive motion) machine and onto the bed. OUCH!!!!!!!!! What the HECK!!!!!! At that point I wanted to strangle her with my IV.She told me to get over it and that the pain is just going to get worse. I was crying out of control in pain and disbelief. She kept yelling at me that i should trust her because she has a Degree and she knows more than me about what I needed to do.  I DONT CARE! NO ONE comes in and treats me like this. "Are you a single mother?" she asks me.....WHAT, WHERE did that come from and NO Beeeotch! I had enough of her and ordered her our of my room. That was like being in the twilight zone. HORRIBLE DAY!
After that things were ok accept that I could not get any help to get up to go to the bathroom. The nurses were overwhelmed with 15 new patients.  Anyway....BLAH BLAH BLAH....I am home now.

The first two days I spent throwing up. I had not eaten enough to sustain a vicodin regiment. My tummy was a spasm disaster. That is the WORST kind of sick! I couldnt believe how sick I felt. IT felt like a BOMB went off in there.  Some dry toast and chicken broth later, I am doing ok.


My scar


Well, what can i say. I am pretty upset about how big my scar is, but at least they were precise in what they accomplished inside. It is very knarly. For sure, it will be something people notice. Oh well i guess. I will get one to match in a couple weeks.

How am I feeling? Dont know. Dont know what to say. I guess I could say im overwhlemed and all that but everyone knows that already. Just keep us in your prayers. My parents are doing an amazing job with Jackson, but I feel it taxing on my heart. NO mommy wants to be apart from her baby, not doing the things I would normally be doing. Its hard. Just pray that nothing will arise as a complication and that the surgery will take and have a flawless outcome. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment