Wednesday, September 2, 2009

From Flab to Fab Project!

From Flabulous and pregnant...




To Fabulous....




Soooooo...I have been mentally deciding to do this for a while. Basically during my whole pregnancy all I wanted to do was get skinny. Now that the little guy is out, it is time and my thoughts have been dwelling on that for about a week. Well, It is time! So, as I embark on this journey of self-improvement I am going to document it as motivation and to help people keep me accountable (even though I will be in Kauai in a few short weeks). I am going to set many short term goals. My first one is from now until we move. I dont have a weight loss maximum but I must lose 15 lbs before we move in about 2 months or less.

That means:

Protein Days: nothing but protein for a whole day to kick my after baby body into ketosis.


Oatmeal, turkey patties, talapia, 60 cal whole wheat toast, green beans, cabbage,broccoli, fruit and NO ALCOHOL! Ouch!





I have to eat small amounts every two hours to keep my metabolism high and drink at least 80 oz. of water a day.



While about 80-90% of weight loss is due to nutrition, I will be slowly adding in little workouts throughout the day. Just being a mom is a lot of work but Im going to include counter push ups, ab routines in the morning and night,calf raises and weight lifting once a day for my arms.



The most important reason that I am doing this is for my knees. I am looking at getting double knee replacements. I am in such pain on a daily and night basis that I can barely function without a prescription IB Prophen at the end of the day...and i WISH it could be something like vicodin! This has been the biggest heart break for me. I am terrified of not being able to live out my passions in life and now that we are moving to a place where the outdoors is our gym, I am so scared that I wont be able to have the fun that we could have!

The first thing that pops into my head when we talk about the beach is how much pain I will be in walking through the sand or how I wont have the ability to hike up a trail. Even looking for a house. I LOVE having the house up high to see the beautiful views, but the stair situation terrifies me. My knee caps dont move without grinding my bones down when I climb up and down things. Theres just no cartilage there after years of basketball and injuries accompanied by surgeries. Evan and I are of the same heart and mind but not body and it breaks my heart. I want to go hiking with him desperately but I know that there is no way.

This is the promise I am making to myself. I want to see how losing a ton of weight will effect the pain in my knees. My plan is to re-asses my lifestyle as far as pain in about a year. If my pain is still bad enough where it is affecting my life. I am flying home and having double knee replacements. Since surgery is not a guarantee and new technology is coming about every day, I feel that the longer I wait, the more treatments there will be for no cartilage. With the stem cell research, there is a possibility that they will be able to re-grow the cartilage in my knees, but not if I have the surgeries.

So, please, MOTIVATE me and encourage me. I am going to need it. I am very excited to see where this will lead in every aspect of my life.

2 comments:

  1. Check out Fit for My King at hisprincess.com.. it's awesome. Great job Heidi, you're doing to do fabulous with your plan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. are you breastfeeding? if so, you don't even have to work out, it will all just melt away and you will be tiny...it's fabulous! way to go!

    ReplyDelete