
As I look at moving to an island straight in the face, I am feeling very overwhelmed with a TON of emotions. With every box I pack, at least 100 more tears flow than before. How am I going to cope without my family around me? I have NEVER been without my family for more than a couple months. I went to college locally and we obviously are still in OC. To me family is everything. Its going to be heartbreaking to leave knowing that Jackson wont know his Grandparents as intimately as I want him to. I want to be able to just go on over to Granna's house at a moments notice.

I am going to miss my mom so much.

Things are going to be happening and I wont be there. It is almost too much for my heart to bear. It also doesnt help that my hormones are regulating and Im more tired than a bear who couldn't sleep through the winter. Im on sensory overload!
Things on our list to do are getting done more slowly than I can stand. We still have to: sell the truck. Get all of our furniture and clothes ready to go for a 2 month journey.(HUGE) Find a house.


These tasks look impossible to me as I am having a hard enough time just keeping things clean around here. With Evan quite frequently on training stints, I feel like Im in lock down. I guess we are supposed to find out on Monday what the exact date for our arrival on the island will be. Ill pee my pants with happiness if that actually happens.
Anywho, I know a lot of you are away from your family. I was wondering how you cope with that. We have skype and my parents are getting a camera for it. We plan on using our points to buy tickets home. Another thing is that we are leaving RIGHT BEFORE the holidays...SUCKY!
I know that we will be fine. It will be great to experience this new chapter in our lives and we will make new friends. I just cant help but give myself a moment to take in what we will be missing.




....in a nutshell - IT SUCKS! As i am sure you know from my blog i have parents in Florida, a siter in california, a sister in chicago, and a brother in colorado all while i live in OHio- We miss eachother so much but the one good thing about being apart is that the times when we do get together are always so awesome. We stay really close despite the proximity- and i amthankful for that.
ReplyDeleteUnfortunately it just becomes a part of growing up for some of us. You will do fine though. You have 2 cute guys to hang out with - and lets be honest....who wouldn't want to come visit you in Hawaii!!
oh and P.S. - My parents lived on Oahu when my sisters and I were little and they are so thankful that they spent the years there that they did. It is such a unique experience...my mom's stories about dropping us off at dance class while she would walkt to the beach to layout make me want to jump on a plane with verything I own right now! :)
you will do great! When we lived in Hawaii it was fun for us. We had our time together to really just become a family, with our own traditions, holidays and such. You will do great, and you will be in paradise which will make it easier to cope! trust me, in years after you move back by your family you will miss those years you lived in kauai as a little family of three!
ReplyDelete