
About a year ago, Evan and I were in the most beautiful place on the planet getting married. That seems like more than a year ago! I remember sitting on the Princeville's patio eating breakfast, looking around and thinking how amazingly beautiful it was and that our dream of living on the garden isle would take a very very long time to come true.
At the time we thought Evan was going to go into the Marine Corp. Not many know this but he was terrified of this. He just did not want to do it. We got home to our little apartment in Long Beach and proceeded to follow the course of the marine corp. Evan left immediately for Arizona to "finish" school. Little did we know that he wouldnt be done till March. While living in Long Beach, our neighbor who worked for Al Pacino as a body guard offered Ev a "job" to be Al Pacino and Andy Garcia's pilot/bodyguard. Our fears turned into reality and the job was just a big black man puffing out his chest acting like he had more power than he did. Meanwhile, Evan's decision about the marine corps had changed and we were no longer going to be doing that. Sooo, We went on with things that had to be done. By that time I was pregnant. Evan was still going to Arizona and leaving me behind, Missing him. About two months passed and the new plan was to get into Naval Aviation. I spent my time trying to plan for having a baby and finding a house for us in Florida. I was trying so desperately to have some control over the situation, to form a plan. After all, the military was a solid lead right? haha... After going through the process of applying and Evan finishing school, even the Navy came up short. Here Evan is a decorated War hero, Ivy league Graduate and he cant find a job. About oh, late May early June his guidance counselor called him to let him know about this energy job on Kauai and how he thought it would be a good fit. Evan had sent off at least 50 resumes by this time. So he shot out one more. The ONLY one that came back was from that energy company. It was just a coincidence that it is in Kauai...the place I thought we wouldnt see for a very long time. After a couple interviews we were given some hope and the day after Jackson was born, we got the finalization that he had the job. As we hit the year mark, we are on the look out for a home on the island and going through everything in storage.
Here are a couple of the homes we are looking at. Who knows what we will wind up in! Dont mind the furniture..Our will get there in 2 months...
This one is in Waialua Homesteads and I LOVE the decks and wood floors!




This one is also in Waialua Homesteads and has a bit more stairs than id like with my knees and all...





For our anniversary Evan started out the day by surprising me with a dozen roses to wake up to. He made reservations for our favorite place, "The Winery" at the district and later on for Steamers, a jazz cafe in SOCO Fullerton. The wine was amazing and the big band jazz was so fun! Afterwards we went to Heroes for some yummy Firerock and Longboard beer! All in all we had an amazing anniversary and are falling in love with eachother more and more every day. As we go on this adventure called parenthood together and see our gorgeous son grow and get strong, nothing could possibly be more fullfilling! We are so blessed to have found eachother and learn what it is to be with your soul mate.
I have been working on getting us all ready for Kauai and finding some new furniture on Craigslist. Ya'll saw our great deal we got on the crib and changer set! I found this computer hutch for $25 that I am repainting black. Put some new knobs on that thing and you have a great new computer hutch!
My neighbor was getting rid of this bench seat. It was pretty sad...as you can see from the parts that arent painted yet. Black can do miracles and I went and got 3" foam and some ply wood and upholstered it. Ta Da.. a pretty little bench seat...After I finish painting it of course!
I also found this hutch for $80 that I am refinishing black. Its perfect size to go with our table and chairs! How am I finding the time to do this...I dont know. Between feedings and during naps! I have to work fast!
Truck for Sale!
Poor Evan! His baby is having to go up for sale! If anyone knows of anybody who wants to buy it, let us know. We really would like it to go to someone we know.



No comments:
Post a Comment