
Well well....it has been about 5 years that I have been on fb. Without a single break. That's a long time! We have been through a lot together. Engagement, wedding, almost dying, baby, moving...etc. Its a place to vent and its a place to rejoice and keep in touch. Its also a place where feelings get hurt and people take things way too seriously. It creates mass panic in seconds and can change some one's life with a click of a button. Pretty powerful huh? Its kinda like facebook is GOD to some people. What would happen if it was gone tomorrow? What would the world do? Well they would create something to replace it that's for sure.
It may sound like I am pretty pessimistic as far as facebook use goes. Well I'm no one to judge so I wont but here are my honest feelings. It seems like people are one or the other these days. You either are obsessed or you avoid it like the plague. I was talking to my friend this morning about it and I think that we are in a season of life where HUGE...absolutely HUGE things are happening. Our world is turning upside down for the better (so i guess that would be right side up)...and the posts on facebook all seem so trivial to me. NO offense at all to anyone. Its just that the life that we are living right now absolutely demands a certain serious nature that not everyone can understand. I think we are in need of some privacy when it comes to someone else knowing everything about your life. I feel like all we have energy for is REAL life. don't have time to waste on the Internet or emotional energy to waste on the thoughtless comments someone writes JUST to put their 2 cents in. They don't really care about you...just want to tell you what to do...or share a "concern"...LIKE WE DIDN'T ALREADY THINK OF IT. I know you all know what I mean because it happens to everyone. I don't care what anyone says..that takes away a piece of your positive attitude and "joy". So this is what i say... DON'T MAKE IT THEIR BUSINESS!!! Yes Facebook does not hold a gun to your head when it comes to status updates but its too much of a temptation in the narcissistic world we are in. We need a pick me up so we fish for them with a status update. We want sympathy we fish for it. When we need to vent frustrations, we fish for validation. like I said I am guilty too!
Recently I saw just how mean people can be to one another on fb. It literally made me feel sick to my stomach..that a sister in Christ could treat another so poorly and with such insensitivity. My mouth was on the floor. Its all OK though because this certain person just put a smiley face at the end of her razor words. WHAT? NOT OK! Its these same people who try and play the game of popularity and use fb as a tool to make others feel alienated and unaccepted. Posting pics the day after an event to rub it into every ones face that they weren't invited...I am seriously baffled by the jr high behavior that certain women achieve 5 gold stars in daily. A+++ to you. You demoted yourself back to jr high. Well you know what you can either take the abuse or get away from it.
So taking a step back in the midst of this chaos I clearly see that it this is NOT part of a healthy lifestyle. That is just my opinion, but it is my hope that many will feel supported in a decision to take a break and re center themselves as loving human beings capable of much more than the convenience that facebook offers. We truly need to love one another. Lift each other up. Be encouraging...and there are MANY ways to do that other than a facebook message or post. So I encourage all who read this to at least limit your time on fb. Maybe even for just a week go off of it. See what happens. The sad reality is that its not the safe place you thought it was. Not very many people are going to miss you enough to call or write or even email you. So ask yourself why you spend so much time caring about their every little move? Don't spread your heart so thin that it becomes as shallow as a puddle. Invest in yourself till you are as powerful as the ocean, a place of limitless discoveries and possibilities.
Praying for God's Divine guidance and always for Blessings on you all...
Heidi



No comments:
Post a Comment