
So how many of you moms out there have had to deal with the horrible thing that is Diaper Rash?
Let me share what I have found is a simple home remedy and can change your child's mood from glum to sunshine!
Jackson has never been one to have a horrible problem with rashes until the past couple weeks. He picked up some kind of tummy bug and it has caused him to have some pretty knarly diaper changes. I finally took my mom's advice and did this simple and fun home remedy. Little did I know it would be a GREAT discovery and multitasking at its finest.
First you Run warm water in the sink and put about Oh 4-6 Table spoons of baking soda in it.
At first I thought he would feel uncomfy and want to get out right away. He is not really used to baths in the sink and his legs are so long he had to sit like a pretzel.

To my surprise he TOTALLY loved it. It went from being a chore to being a ton of fun in the water!As I was standing there and procrastinating on my dishes, I realized, hey, I might as well do my dishes. So there ya go! DISHES DONE! All the while Jackson was right beside me filling up his cups with running water and washing his bottles with me. When we were all done (about 45 min), my sink and wedding rings were sparkling, dishes were done and Jackson's bum looked about 90% better.

We finished his bum treatment off with our favorite "crack spackle" by Shaklee baby. If you haven't tried this you need to. Beats out Desitin for sure. Its at least 4 times as thick and keeps diaper rash at bay with everyday use. This is the first time Jackson has had any issue with rash since he was born!



Awesome! I can always use a new home remedy in my back pocket :) Eddie seems to have evaded the diaper rash he was getting by changing his diapers. He uses Seventh Generation (everything free like chlorine, latex, etc) and we don't use any creams now…just a thought :) xo
ReplyDelete