Friday, February 4, 2011

Designing theLMC Women's Valentines Tea






So i have been handed the task of decor for the Lihue Missionary Church Women's Tea. The theme is about the Lord's love, so naturally Valentines theme applies.

But since the worst thing anyone could do is start throwing pink, red and purple together to create a Vday theme disaster, I am opting for a little bit different way to do this puppy.

Theres a twist though.

I only have $150-200 to do this thing.



NO WORRIES!

10 rounds. 1 buffet table, room decor

I HAVE A PLAN!!!! I cant wait to do this thing. I haven't been able to plan an event since being here in Kauai. I am SO excited to pull this off.

How you say?


The Plan


Lets start with the tables. There are already basic White table cloths available. Instead of going without the expected theme of hearts and bright colors...I am going for roses and antique pink and red hearts.



My girlfriend and fellow LMC goer is allowing us to use her sweet white vases! This is kinda the look i want!


Each table will have a runner made from canvas drop cloths. Ill make a stencil and paint these roses along the strip of CANVAS DROP cloth from Home Depot (very affordable).

Above the table will be Huge tissue paper poof balls.


I mean big. There will be 2 over each table. This will bring that eye candy into the room. Im also thinking of spraying glitter on them....maybe... BUDGET haha...

There will be focal points to break up the space. The first focal point is going to be made up of an old piece of furniture such as a dresser or desk. I got this idea from blairbrittevents.blogspot.com.

It makes for a SUPER cute feel and really warms up a space. Behind the desk will be a wall of either fabric or ribbon. Probably fabric.

The words that will be hanging are "His Immense Love"

The other focal point will be on stage as that is where a lot of the performing will be. I am planning on painting panels of these rose stencils to create a simple but dramatic effect.


We are planning a trip to Hanapepe to go thrift store shopping so we will see what fun goodies we pop up with!


Heres some more ideas i want to use =)


Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment