Sunday, September 12, 2010

32"x32" floor pillow


So at sunday school they have these HUGE animal floor pillows which Jackson absolutely LOVES. I really want to get him one but came up with a Quick and easy solution in the mean time, since I will probably have to order it from Babies R us.

I dont know about you but I have a ton of old decorative pillows that I have been wanting to reuse some way. I think I have had them since I was a freshman in college. I have NO idea how they followed all the way to kauai some 8 years later.

What you need:

4 throw pillows (around the same size)
2 receiving blankets ( mine were just laying in the closet collecting dust) oh, I used flannel
Accents (optional) yarn and 2 buttons (at least 1.5 in)

Just sew the 2 flannels together inside out leaving about a 12" hole on one side of the square to stuff the pillows in.

Stuff the pillows in

Sew shut the opening by hand.

THATS IT for it to be functional.

For some extra accents I added what looks like "tufting". I took some yarn and followed the creases already made by the pillows and exaggerated them. Then I sewed a button using the yarn into the middle.

This was a TOTAL experiment but I LOVE how it turned out and Jackson has been laying and playing on it all night.

No comments:

Post a Comment