Wednesday, January 19, 2011

When in Roma...



Today I received an order for Jackson's beloved alien costume all the way to Rome Italy because lets face it, they are the height of fashion and aren't afraid of braving children's labor laws and parading their children around on cat walks haha..no, but really, It is pretty cool to have some of my things sent there. Here are some hip fashions being sported... hehe






Because business has been so good I decided to review the books today =) Turns out that my little business after 6 months has come out to $4,027.31 in the BLACK! YAY! Thats after fees and materials and everything. I know thats not a ton in the grand scheme of things but Ill tell ya, the extra cash has sure come in handy these days!!


As I look to the future of business I want to gear up for making sales pitches for my designs to heavy hitters. For the kind of money I would like to make, there is NO way I can handle crocheting it all! PLus my fingers are NOT up to it. I DO NOT want carpal tunnel and most definitely do not want to compromise my violin fingers! The money is in Copywritten designs and patterns. I want to be like hugh grant in "what about a boy" where he writes a Christmas Jingle and gets paid for it the rest of his life haha...


then I can do what I want to do when we move to the south and continue with my event coordination and design group. There is just NO market for it here on Kauai. Everyone hates to spend money because no one HAS that kind of money to spend. Every wedding is either at a hotel or in a sundress on the beach and the home owners here are permanently stuck in the 80's decor phenomenon and pleased as punch about it.



Theres just not much you can do with weddings that center around a dress like this....



That is why I am super excited about our move! SO many business opportunities! I love the possibilities available to us there! I could do anything from Pageant prep to violin teaching and STIll maintain my etsy store.


In the end however, I give all the glory to God for the blessings He has given me these past months through this business. Its amazing the places He can take you to when you work hard. Not to mention the connections you make and the new friends you meet. Just pure blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment